What is new in T4A GPS Maps 18.05
T4A GPS Maps 18.05 comes preloaded on a micro SD card with standard adapter, ready for Plug & Navigate. This SD card can be used on most map capable Garmin handheld units and has been tested with latest Drive units as well.
We continued our improvements of city streets in South Africa with a focus on rectifying the huge addition of streets that was added in the previous two versions. We also addressed route calculation issues as reported by our users, most of which was associated with the large addition of city street data in South Africa. Many street names are being corrected and we are also updating route numbers on main roads. Our team continued their research in Western Africa to add major routes and towns which has increased the map coverage considerably in these regions.
We processed 533 data submissions for this version resulting in the addition of about 43 000km of road data and about 2 000 POI’s. Some of the highlights are:
· Burkina Faso major routes and attractions added
· Ivory Coast roads updated
· South Africa road names updated (M30, R300, etc)
· South Africa parking and entrance roads around malls and shopping centres added for easier and
· more direct routing to POI’s around them
· Jakkalsvlei Wine Cellar and Indalu GR were added
· 4WD tracks added to Silverstrand Training Centre
· Corrections made in Madumo National Park
· Added Tafelkop Hiking Trail at Boplaas Holiday Farm
· Spookspruit 4WD Trail was added near Heidelberg
· Black Horse Brewery was added in Magaliesburg
· Namibrand Nature Reserve tracks updated
· Oorlogskloof Hiking Trail added at Oorlogskloof NR
· Kruger National Park updates
· Hiking/MTB trails were added in Caledon NR
· Klipspringer Hiking Trail in Steenbras NR added
· New tracks added in Queen Elizabeth NP in Uganda
· New roads added for Pemba Island
· Corrections and POI’s added for Nata and Ghanzi
· POI’s and roads added for Windhoek
· Corrections and POI’s added for Francistown
· …..and much much more
T4A GPS Maps is a highly detailed fully routable map of Africa for self-drive tourists as well as for overlanders who want to explore remote places in Africa. We also cater for the average outdoors person who enjoys hiking, fishing, birding, mountain biking and 4x4 trails.
Key map statistics:
· 1 160 975km of roads and detailed tourist coverage
· 158 766 points of interest including 3 888 camp sites,
· 14 302 accommodation listings, 5 976 places to eat/drink and 10 613 fuel stations
· 2 336 parks and reserves covered in high detail
· Detailed street coverage for Southern and Eastern Africa is now included but street numbers are not available.